Monday, June 3, 2013

I realized I never mentioned....

I have a new bike!!!!!


After the flat tire and kicking fiasco Peter decided to give me my birthday present a month early.... so we went and bought me a new bike!!! It's a Novera "29er hard tail" which means it has super big wheels and only front shocks. It's amazing... and if you haven't noticed the recent posts... I've been riding it ALOT. I've put about 110 miles on it in the last 3 weeks and have many more hefty mileage adventures coming up. I haven't had a chance to take it on any trails despite it being a full on Mountain bike, but I imagine that will only lead to me loving it more. 

Yes, my old bike was fantastic. It had lots of flaws and lots of character but this one... well it's just plain sexy.                 
                                                                        
The wheels are so big it won't fit into the normal
Bike rack at the climbing gym.... yeah... kinda awesome
My first time leaving it unlocked..
I used 3 locks and didn't take my eyes of it
@ Coney Island















I'm also happy to let all of you know that my old bike found a loving home. I went to work the Monday after purchasing the new bike and took the lock off thinking someone would just take it. Well, no one touched the bike... so around 3pm I decided to make a sign and post it on the bike. I hadn't even finished taping it on before a nice young man came and started asking me questions about the bike. He was so excited to take home the "fixer upper" and promised to give bike a loving home. All is well. 




Here's to a week filled with biking adventures!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment