Sunday, March 9, 2014

Back on Track

It has been a fabulous week! Why, you ask? I feel like I"m getting back on track with a few things.

Number 1: Run, Cat! Run! 

Ran to the Brooklyn Bridge 

I finally started running again. I have been a serious runner on and off since high school. I have a very bad habit of quitting for months at a time then starting again. Well, this week I started again and it felt great! A friend of Peter's has started a mileage challenge with me so I've got the motivation to keep it up!!

I have been bringing my running things to work and running around there (because the views are much better before going home on the train. My goal, as the weather starts to warm up, is to begin running in the mornings. I have to get ready for that 'Bama summer!




Number 2: Ridin' Dirty

My bike has been stuck inside my apartment through most of this winter.  For a while it was close to impossible to ride with all of the snow and ice. Then I was deterred by all of the salt and how quickly it would eat up my bike. In the past week we've had a few days of above freezing weather, enough to melt away the snow and ice and rinse the roads. Yesterday it was 50 degrees and first on my to-do list was to get my bike tuned up, road ready, and OUTSIDE.  I am so excited to start riding my bike to work again. Bring on the Roads!



Number 3: Organization

This school I work for just opened this September so we are still figuring out organization and storage. We have a room that will be a classroom for summer camp and school next year but currently does not have any children. It turned into a massive storage closet that was a complete eye sore. A co-worker and I decided to stay late and organize. We got so much done and actually ended up organizing all the classrooms as well. The only thing as satisfying as organizing your school, is organizing your apartment... which I did as well. I straight up love organizing. It was also great this happened because I'm having a very hard time curbing my desire to start packing for the move. I really, really like organizing but I LOVE packing... weird I know.



Number 4: Healthy Eating

In addition to getting my exercise routine back on track I finally went grocery shopping and stocked up on lots of healthy food options. I have a messed up metabolism so I try to steer clear of sugars and breads because they make me crash, and crash hard, sometimes into the floor. So I've got lots and lots of chicken and veggies, and some sweet treats like clementines and yogurt. I'm already feeling more energetic and healthy.

In summary, life is good. Preparations for the move as well as some trips we might take this summer are coming along. I've been spending more time with friends. I've got lots of NYC adventures planned now that the weather is a bit warmer and my bike is back in commission. So stay tuned!

Love my Girls! Love my City! 

No comments:

Post a Comment