Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Lobster Award?

WARNING! TANGENT AHEAD:

In my preschool classroom we are constantly pretending to mishear the children (anything for a  giggle right?).

"Yes, we can read Goldilocks ate Three Pears. "
" NOOOOOO, MS. CAT!!! It is Goldilocks and the THREE BEARS!"
" Oh, I'm sorry. This is the story of Goldilocks and her dry hair."
" NOOOOOOO!!!"

And it goes on and on, so when a fellow blogger nominated me to participate in the Liebster Awards... I immediately thought of lobster, and at least 6 other words that (sort of) rhyme with Liebster.

THE ACTUAL POST:

After some grueling (not really) Googling, I figured out that the Liebster Award is a great way to connect with new bloggers. It also fits so perfectly into my new *gulp* inclusion of personal life details. So here it goes, 11 random facts about myself, responses to fellow blogger Mrs. Witt's 11questions for me, and my own questions for new "nominees".


11 Random Facts
  1. My parents, and people who met me before 4th grade still call me Cathy.
  2. I am extremely proud to be a Minnesotan.
  3. I have one sister who lives in Ireland.
  4. The only food that I do not like is olives... but I still still eat them if I have to. 
  5. I have been reading the A Song of Ice and Fire (aka Game of Thrones) series for a year now. The books are so freaking long!
  6. I have a newly cultivated interest in WW2 history specifically,  the Pacific/Western theatre. 
  7. I am one of those people who is mediocre at a lot of things, but not particularly skilled at any of them. 
  8. In 4th grade I was the official "tail measure-er" for our pet rat. I have loved rats (who are lab bred and don't run wild in my apartment or the subways) ever since. 
  9. I love making Excel spreadsheets. I even use Excel for my lesson planning. 
  10. I am a morning person but my boyfriend is a night owl. This is often a problem.
  11. I have horrible grammar. In high school after taking the ACT, I decided to take a grammar class. I then retook the ACT and my score went up 2 points, just from the rise in scores from grammar and writing. 


A Bit of Witt's Questions for Me
  1. What is your fondest childhood memory? In Minnesota, even when the weather was in the single digits, our parents made us play outside. My favorite game was, "Arctic Explorer" where we would go into the woods with all of our "supplies" in a sled. There were often bears, abominable snowmen, wolves, and the threat of starvation to keep us going. Luckily we usually packed sandwiches. Once we tried to get a dog to pull the sled for us... it didn't work. 
  2. Who is your style icon, or which celebrity's style do you most often wish to match? I don't really have one. I feel like my style might be a bit nicer if I found someone to match though. I'll work on this...
  3. Why did you start blogging? Mostly to document my adventures in NYC but also to provide a place where people could go to see different, off the beaten path, things to do in the city. 
  4. What is the one thing you would do if you knew you couldn't fail? Win the lottery.
  5. What is your favorite movie? It changes very, very frequently. Right now my favorites are the Hunger Game movies. 
  6. Where was your first kiss? In a friend's house in 7th grade. We played Spin the Cordless Phone because the recycling had been picked up that morning and there were no bottles. 
  7. What motivates you? Friends, Family, and the threat of being slapped. 
  8. If you could pick the next president of the United States, who would you choose? Michelle Obama
  9. Which current artists do you think will still be respected and noteworthy decades from now? Jennifer Lawrence, Banksy, & John Legend 
  10. If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would you bring and why? I have always struggled with this question because the planner in me has a list of emergency supplies I would bring, one of them being an inflatable raft.  I would definitely hope there was another person with me. I often crave conversation and interaction after being alone for only a few hours. 
  11. If you were stranded on a dessert island, what would it be made of?  If I were stranded on a dessert island it would either be made of Cinnabon's or Auntie Anne's pretzels. Hmm... I haven't been to the mall in a while...

Questions for my Nominees
  1. What is your fondest childhood memory?
  2. What was the first movie you saw in a theater?
  3. Who was your favorite teacher and why?
  4. What is your favorite food?
  5. What is your least favorite food?
  6. Tell us about your favorite vacation spot. 
  7. If someone were going to visit your hometown, what is one thing they have to see?
  8. What was the last book you read?
  9. Do you prefer mountains or beach? Why?
  10. If you could move to any city in the US where would you go?
  11. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
Nominees

Kaitlyn at Kaitlyn Lusk
Lindsay at Newly Missus
Amanda at Luke and Manda
Nanette at Brain Droppings
Ingrid at Steve and Inggy
Shayna at The Hughes'




No comments:

Post a Comment